27 March 2007

thesis update

since most of what i do is work on my thesis, spend time with the people in my house, and read novels, blog entries are not exactly thrilling (sorry - it's not that life in the house has been dull, it's more than i've been trying to avoid any excitement unrelated to my thesis).

one of the highlights in my world was the moment a little over a week ago when I was finally convinced that I would be able (without phenomenal hardship) to get my thesis (for Calvin Seminary) written by the 20 April deadline [the deadline has since been bumped up a week since i'm being "dragged" to France for the week prior to the deadline by some wonderful friends]. it really is do-able [something i was slightly nervous about whether i would be able to do considering my paper-writing anxieties]. the cost has been disappointment over not getting to participate in life in community as much as i'd like - as well as postponing getting more work done on my thesis for the Vrije Universiteit (so i'll be working on a good chunk of that at home this summer).

and for now, i give thanks for the 56 pages that i've written (out of 75 needed), and hope and pray for the grace and energy to write the last couple chapters and continue the messy process of editing.

but before i return with (hopefully) great motivation and full effort (on Thursday), it's time to go shopping for some clothes (something i have been putting off for months and despately need) and tomorrow i get to visit the village where my father was born.

P.S. In case you're wondering what exactly I'm spending all my time on, the following is the outline for my thesis (as given in my introduction). Hopefully i'll be sharing some highlights of my thesis sooner or later (probably when i stop seeing it for hours each day).

No comments: