11 April 2013

Sick

It is raining again in Amsterdam, which is a nice change from the last month or two. Even nicer is that it has become slightly warmer outside and perhaps I can finally put away my thick winter coat.

Also nice is that I'm finally starting to feel better again. The overwork of Easter became exhaustion, which became a nasty cold, which simultaneously morphed into something else with fever, coughing, and need for lots of sleep.

The only good thing about being sick is the perspective it gives. I am so thankful for a body that functions like it should (and wish my body would hurry up and get to functioning properly now already and not make me wait until tomorrow or the next day!). Even better, being sick makes normal life look and feel so much more wonderful. Yay dissertation and other chores!!

No comments: