01 December 2012

Homemaking and learning from the Bible

Rachel Evans's book, A Year of Biblical Womanhood, has been receiving a lot of criticism (see Peter Enns' review). I haven't read it yet, but when I get a chance to do so I hope to pick it up. I am fascinated by the books that people are reading, especially what's making news in Christian circles. More so, striving to follow the Bible faithfully - even so literally that it becomes absurd at times - necessarily affects one's understanding of God, the Bible and humans. And I look forward to hearing more of the insights that she discovered in the year.

A short excerpt of her book about homemaking can be found online: http://blog.christianitytoday.com/women/2012/11/holy-homemaking-a-response-fro.html. Since being married, I've spent more time thinking about cleaning and have delighted in doing more cooking and more opportunities to extend hospitality. I thus really appreciated Evans's thoughts that she posted about homemaking, especially her own growing appreciation of serving God mindfully in the household chores. 

No comments: