29 January 2009

ending a time of busy-ness

yesterday's dutch tests marked the end of a time of busy-ness. a couple of big events are still coming up in the next two weeks - like giving a 2.5 hour class on the Old Testament Prophets (yay!), participating in a 3 day retreat with the community, and taking the official dutch as a second language assessment tests. but without the 15+ hours per week dedicated to my dutch classes, i feel like i can take a deep sigh of relief - i feel more like i really have enough time for everything.

i now have the feeling that i have more time to do those extra things that fill me with joy. those things that give me inspiration and challenge me and give me energy - and make it so that i am more excited to participate in life around me (instead of hiding from it). so there's some research i'm looking forward to getting back to, some blog entries and emails i've been meaning to write, some chatting/talking that i've been missing out on lately, more time going to chapels and sitting around drinking tea and coffee, and more time sitting snuggled up reading. and most of all, more laughing in general - just because i can :)

No comments: