11 March 2006

not the correct response

I received an email from a prof today asking if I had a computer copy of my Lohfink review, as he cannot find my copy. The correct response is to be understanding (as i have lost student homework and it's a horribly panicky feeling) and email the prof back saying, 'of course I have a computer copy of that. let me send that right over.'

My response, however, was, 'huh? Lohfink? who's he? what review?' as a vague memory of such an assignment enters in my head. amidst a sinking suspicion that maybe there was more homework in that class than i had actually done, i go hunt down the syllabus from the previous quarter. and discover who Lohfink is and why he was supposed to make a difference in my life.

and well, guess that confirms at least part of what i have to continue doing still tonight. and tomorrow i ask for grace as i email it in.

of course, just today i had mocked several people for not remembering a meeting that we were supposed to have. i, of course, had remembered. in fact, i'd written it down in my day book.

i had also written down the Lohfink assignment in my day book. divine irony, if you ask me. (and a healthy ego minimizer.)

on the up side, besides the fact that this makes a great story as long as I don't mind being the brunt of the joke, i saw the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tonight. hilarious. strange and funny.
and i cleaned yesterday, so i've been staring at the carpet with much joy. i'm just so amazed at how it looks, which kind of gives you a clue how frequently we vaccuum :)

and hopefully i will continue to laugh. and remember grace.

No comments: