04 June 2007

sailing pictures

to illustrate that my life is not always dull - and because i have the assumption that people that like me do want to see pictures of me, here are a couple of pictures of me sailing with Dave and Crystle.

Crystle and me on their adopt-a-boat.

the view of Hamilton harbour through the sail.

and me at the helm. this would be impressive if it were not for the beautiful smoothness of the water behind the boat, which indicates that there was almost no wind. i wasn't doing much - which is why my hand is barely resting on the rudder (actually it's the tiller which is connected to the rudder, as Dave pointed out to me).

yet, in spite of the limited wind, it was still a lovely evening out on the harbour.

1 comment:

Scott Simmons Salt Spring Island said...

It's either to windy or not windy enough when you are sailing.
cheers
Scott
http://escapetosaltspring.blogspot.com/